Located in the heart of downtown Howell, the county seat of Livingston County, this cemetery originally was located south of town on Chilson Road. The land was purchased in 1891 from the Itsell family and stayed the same for approximately twenty five years. It has been associated with St. Joseph's Catholic Church since 1878.
In 1914, a tract of land was sold by the Barron family at the present site near Thompson Lake just North of the downtown business area of the city of Howell.
In 1969 the Brady family of Grosse Pointe Shores, formerly of Howell made a number of improvements to the cemetery grounds thus beautifying the entire final resting places of many people.
The transcription of the cemetery was coordinated by Milton E. CHARBONEAU.
© 2002 All Rights Reserved CFC Productions - http://www.LivGenMI.com/mtolivet.htm
For More Information Contact Pam Rietsch at: